Friday 2 October 2015

first post 2nd time

Hi all,
My first post!
It has been a real journey just getting to this point of posting! The interesting part has been watching myself from the outside trying to get to grips with this new piece of 'equipment' called blogspot.
I know and have known for a long time that I can be really impatient with myself when trying something new, particularly if I am unable to 'produce' immediately.  I can remember the first time I felt that feeling of impatience, it was when my grandmother was trying to teach me to crochet.  She insisted on showing and showing and..... all the time I could feel myself becoming more and more annoyed, i just wanted to 'have a go'.  I needed to physically try it, not look at it, not talk about it, not think about it but TRY IT! The opportunity to reflect because of the MAPP has immediately reminded me of my natural approach and actually because I am able to see it, I have tried to be patient and breath! (last week I was ready to throw the computer and stamp on it).

I have already posted this somewhere, maybe google+?  At the moment, I remaining in the calm frame and trying to ensure that somehow, somewhere, someone will see this!

Let me know

4 comments:

  1. Hello Tara.
    Welcome to our blog community and to the MAPP world. I can remember myself struggeling with set up of the blog and the confusion with google +. I think I used two weeks to find out where to write the information "about me". But after some time you do get used to it:) Best of luck with your blog!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Maria! I feel a little better and more inspired since the skype call this afternoon. I have so many thoughts in different areas so I will be spending some time with my journal this week getting it down on paper. There was some really useful advice even though everyone on the chat is at a more advanced stage in programme than I am.
    Thanks again for your response, I look forward to being in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I think it took me a lot longer to work it all out and I feel like sometimes I'm still not 100% sure of what I'm doing! It was a really encouraging skype call just to be reminded that his is a journey that we are all on and we can all help each other along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry i am a bit late in responding, but thanks so much Tamzin

      Delete